2015年11月12日木曜日

Video

Today, I want to introduce Youtube video which is related to the book I chose.
This video is about the present condition of organic farming in India.





I will explan the content of this video.
Chemical fertilisers and pesticides have been widely used across India since 1950's.
Its purpose is to improve crop yields and grow more fruits and vegetables.
It is not good for environment and their health, and it caused many problems.

Then more farmers started organic farming.
This trend leads up to grow population and reduce food imports.
This transition is slow, but today most farming still uses these methods.
As a result of it, it is good for India.


I was glad to hear this news.
I hope that more and more countries start to adopt organic farming.

2 件のコメント:

  1. I hope more farmers will start organic farming, but I think there are reasons why they are not doing it right now. I don't know those reasons so I hope to get to know them through your blog!

    返信削除
  2. Of course fertilisers are not good, but it is necessary to meet the demand. I think that it is more important that to make safer chemicals for farming than to sell organic, but expensive crops.

    返信削除