2015年11月26日木曜日

Food Culture Quiz

Hi.

I took Food Culture Quiz from The Christian Science Monitor.
So today, I will report my score, and tell you what additional knowledge I gained about food through doing the quiz.

My score is  56%.
( 14 corrects, 11 wrongs )


This quiz is difficult for me, so I couldn't do well.
But I can get a lot of new knowledge about food.

Prix fixe menu is a collection of predetermined dishes, usually three courses, at a set price.
Allspice is a special spice, usually found in South America or the Caribbean, which tastes like a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
Grits is a breakfast corn-based porridge.

I noticed that there are a lot of word related to French such as pâté de foie gras, au gratin and so on.
I think this is because French cuisine is regarded as important.
As far as I searched, French cuisine was chosen as Intangible Cultural Heritage of UNESCO in 2010.

Through this quiz, I could know new things about food!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿