2015年11月12日木曜日

Book review -2

I'm going to talk about what I read my book.



Overall, this book has four goals.
① to convince readers that a large-scale shift to organic farming would solve a lot of problems that exist in the U.S. agriculture
② to offer exceptional examples of innovative organic farmers who succeed in this transition
③ to describe potential problems within organic agriculture
④ to mention clear actions that we must take to protect organic farmers


The multiple echological and social issues infuluence organic farming.

Organic farming means crop rotation.
Crop rotation is one of the ways of farming which change the crops grown in a field each season.
This is because it leads up to build healthy fertile soil that has few pest problems.

Orgamic faming also means using "beneficials".
It means organic faming make use of beneficial insects effectively to keep pest away from crops.
For example, beneficial insects are ladybugs. On the contrary, bad bugs are aphids.





I don't think ladybug is good insect, so I was so surprised!
This time I could understand deeply that one of the purposes of organic farming is to solve pest problem.

2 件のコメント:

  1. As you said, Organic farming is suitable for earth and insects to live. I think so. I heard that crop rotation is good for soil when I was teached in my elementary school. Also, I knew ladybugs are beneficial and aphids aren't beneficial because I helped farming and my grandparents teached me when I visited their house.

    返信削除
  2. I was surprised at the fact ladybug keep crops away from pest.It is more natural way for nature so I like it.

    返信削除